Use these simple business Chinese phrases and WeChat etiquette tips to make good Chinese introductions!
COPY THE PHRASES BELOW AND USE THEM LATER
xìng huì Pleased to meet you.
duō duō zhǐ jiào I’m looking forward to learning from you.
duō xiè zhī chí Thanks for your support.
duō xiè jiēshào yǐhòu wǒmen sīliào
Let’s chat (in private) later. We’ll PM later.
In China real business people don’t use email or the phone. Be able to use WeChat for daily communication with business partners and understand how your Chinese counterparts use WeChat. This puts you ahead of the game.
1. Introducing yourself on WeChat. The beautiful, all purpose greeting: 幸会！（with your emoticon of choice）Followed up a some point with you own well-crafted and double-checked by a native speaker you trust.
You can also forward some WeChat articles that introduce you, your company or what you are interested in. Have your own personal angle. Mine is that I am an entrepreneur and like writing Chinese. You have your something that makes you different or interesting, don’t be afraid to mention it. Chinese people are more curious about you than you know.
2. Show your modesty. Phrases like多多指教 and 多谢支持！are magical. Learn to use them and improve your 关系 and give your business acquaintances the feeling you “know” how to speak on WeChat even though you may do most of your typing/speaking in English.
3. Leave a voice message or two. This makes it personal and forms a longer lasting, deeper impression. On WeChat Chinese type to people they don’t know well but do lots of voice message chats with people they are familiar with.
Break the ice and cultivate a closer relationship by leaving a voice message or two. Say one in Chinese and one in English so they know it is OK to speak to you in either language.
4. If you are really doing business on WeChat most of your “introductions” will be through people setting up impromptu groups (or you doing the same for them).
There are two main types:
* Simple introduction groups. Everyone introduces each other and then its: @A多谢介绍以后我们私聊 then B and C talk privately with each other and A’s credibility as a friend of both makes the connection strong.
* Groups for project teams. Everyone involved in a project will be in a group. Usually these are no larger than 5-9 people and just naturally fade away after the project is completed (or cancelled). Everyone can do 1:1 talks as needed but information that the entire group needs to see goes in the groups. These also greatly facilitate group calls (video or voice) using WeChat
Need to speed up your learning?START HERE
The Great Firewall of China
Want to use the VPN I use for a stable connection in China? I use Astrill VPN when I live stream on Instagram. Their customer service, speed, and connectivity is top notch. Plus, when you download here they share some of the cost with me, so I can keep creating the videos you love.